Index creation fails

** if this is not the right forum sorry**

I have a bucket with 50 items in it, I have a TYPE field and tried to create a index based on TYPE with the following command (from the server GUI query:

CREATE INDEX typeIndex ON uvAll (TYPE) WHERE TYPE =“MBRF” USING GSI;

and I am getting the following error:

[
{
“code”: 5000,
“msg”: “GSI CreateIndex() - cause: Encounter errors during create index. Error=Request timed out. Index server may still be processing this request. Please check the status after sometime or retry.\n.”,
“query_from_user”: “CREATE INDEX typeIndex ON uvAll (TYPE) WHERE TYPE =“MBRF” USING GSI;”
}
]

this is a tiny bucket, so I am not sure why its timing out …

here is bucket details:

Check out indexer.log for any errors. cc @deepkaran.salooja

@dougc could you please share the indexer.log?

indexer.zip (133.2 KB)

sorry this forum forced me to zip it up

anyway thank you for helping

if it matters I am using
Community Edition 5.0.1 build 5003

I deleted the bucket and rebuilt it as I discovered I had duplicate “field names” now when I try to build the primary index I am getting the same error:

[
{
“code”: 5000,
“msg”: “GSI CreatePrimaryIndex() - cause: Encounter errors during create index. Error=Request timed out. Index server may still be processing this request. Please check the status after sometime or retry.\n.”,
“query_from_user”: “CREATE PRIMARY INDEX primaryIndex ON uvAll USING GSI;”
}
]indexer (2).zip (438.2 KB)

again THANKS FOR ANY ASSISTANCE
dougc

Hi @dougc,

I checked the indexer log sent by you. I can confirm from logs the steps you mentioned:

• primaryIndex was created
  • bucket was deleted, as a result, index gets deleted

After this, I do not see create index request for primaryIndex in indexer log. Can you share full cbcollect for your cluster so I can check if there was an issue with query service communicating with indexer service. I see a bunch of connection errors after sometime post bucket delete:
2018-05-14T14:43:40.355-04:00 [Error] feed.DcpGetSeqnos(): read tcp 10.99.110.169:64885->10.99.204.241:11210: wsarecv: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

It would help to have full cbcollect logs for better idea.

ns_server.indexer for the main server , there are 2 servers in my cluster, this is the main server

the below link will allow you to download the file (its to big to attach)

I just ran cbcollect_info with no options (if that matters), the entire cbcollect was to big so I am only sending the indexer log, if anything else is needed, please let me know and again thank you

if you have a problem downloading the file please let me know

Hi @dougc, Sure will look into the log you have posted. Can you please share query.log of query node from which you got create index error? From earlier indexer log, it looks like create index request did not reach indexer. Also I see a lot of connection errors between different services. Can you confirm that there are no network issues in the cluster?
Thanks,
Prathibha

This ticket can be closed, I moved from community to enterprise and now everything is working just fine…….

All my logs and issues were when I was running couchbase 5.0 community, ever since I loaded enterprise I no longer have an issue

Thanks everyone