IOS CBL and Catalyst

I wish I could. But I don’t host my customers’ sync data myself. I don’t want to have to manage a server environment that my customers use. They take care of syncing themselves either with IBM Cloudant, Apache CouchDB, Peer to Peer, or iCloud sync (which I built on top of CBL). My app is a consumer app, not an enterprise app. Anyone can buy it on the iOS and Mac App Stores. Does Sync Gateway even have a web GUI for configuration like CouchDB does with their Fauxton web interface? My customers span the full gamut of ages and experiences. So having them setup their own Couchbase Server and Sync Gateway is too much for them to have to learn. At least with CouchDB there’s a double-clickable Mac app and a web interface for configuration and it’s not too difficult with the instructions I wrote up for it.

I understand that CBL 2.x probably has a much better sync solution, but the amount of work necessary to migrate to 2.x would seem daunting to me. Did you even add CBLModel to it? I rely heavily on that in my app.