I want to migrate all the data in my buckets from the couchbase server EE 5.10 windows to a new couchbase server CE 6.6.0 Debian 10. The two couchbases being on different remote machines.
I run this command on couchbase windows:
cbbackup http://127.0.0.1:8091/ ./ -u USER -p MDP
I get all the data, then,I create the buckets on Debian.
I copy the files to the server and I run this command :
The problem is that the total remains at 0 and no data is imported
Thanks for your help
With the information that we have currently, I’m not sure exactly why you’d be seeing this behavior. Looking at the command/screenshot provided, we can deduce a few things.
- There exists a directory named
bucket-Luchta.Request in the backup directory postfixed with
-full (otherwise the
-b flag would have thrown an error)
- There exists a bucket (on the cluster) called
Luchta.Request (for the same reason as above)
- The command completed (since the progress bar completed without displaying an error)
I believe this suggests one of a few things:
- There may not be any directories in
* is a glob pattern)
- This specific backup directory may not contain any data
I’ve attempted to reproduce this issue by installing 5.1.0 on Windows, creating a backup (of a sample bucket) and restoring using a 6.6.0 version of
cbrestore with everything working as expected.
To further debug this, please could you answer/provide the following:
ls -lR of the
- The output of the same
cbrestore command run with debug logging (using
- Could you also confirm that the backup directories have been correctly transferred (including recursively copied) to the remote server
Thanks in advance,