Java client not reconnecting to couchabse after a restart

Hello,

We are using java 8 and java-client 2.6.0.
After restarting couchbase, the application was not able to save data into couchbase with the following issue:

com.couchbase.client.core.RequestCancelledException: Could not dispatch request, cancelling instead of retrying.
at com.couchbase.client.core.retry.RetryHelper.retryOrCancel(RetryHelper.java:51) [core-io-1.5.5.jar:?]
at com.couchbase.client.core.service.PooledService.send(PooledService.java:341) [core-io-1.5.5.jar:?]
at com.couchbase.client.core.node.CouchbaseNode.send(CouchbaseNode.java:211) [core-io-1.5.5.jar:?]
at com.couchbase.client.core.node.locate.KeyValueLocator.locateForCouchbaseBucket(KeyValueLocator.java:140) [core-io-1.5.5.jar:?]
at com.couchbase.client.core.node.locate.KeyValueLocator.locateAndDispatch(KeyValueLocator.java:90) [core-io-1.5.5.jar:?]
at com.couchbase.client.core.RequestHandler.dispatchRequest(RequestHandler.java:249) [core-io-1.5.5.jar:?]
at com.couchbase.client.core.RequestHandler.onEvent(RequestHandler.java:200) [core-io-1.5.5.jar:?]
at com.couchbase.client.core.RequestHandler.onEvent(RequestHandler.java:76) [core-io-1.5.5.jar:?]
at com.couchbase.client.deps.com.lmax.disruptor.BatchEventProcessor.run(BatchEventProcessor.java:137) [core-io-1.5.5.jar:?]
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.util.concurrent.FastThreadLocalRunnable.run(FastThreadLocalRunnable.java:30) [core-io-1.5.5.jar:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_131]

Any suggestion please?

Hi Zizou,

Does upgrading to the latest version of the client fix the problem?

Thanks,
David

Thanks David,

The issue is that this happen in a production environment and upgrading the sdk is not evident.
Also I wanted to add that we are deploying couchbase as a 3 nodes cluster if this can help?

Any thought please about the cause of this issue?

Hi Zizou,

I’m not sure if this is the cause, but Couchbase Java SDK 2.6.0 is intended for use with core-io 1.6.0; this stack trace shows core-io 1.5.5. Any idea why that old core-io is present?

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

Sorry I have shared the wrong version.
We are using java-client 2.5.5.

Did this change any thing?is this a know issue in this version?

Thanks