List of API changes from DB22 - DB23

Can someone please post a link listing api changes between db22 and 23?
That would be core changes and Android-specific, if any.
Thanks.
-nat

The Android API spec for DB23 is available here

We don’t have a consolidated list of diffs published , but here is the list of changes (most of it was outlined in the DB23 announcement …)

• The behavior of saveDocument() has changed with default policy of “Last write wins”. The MutableDocument argument will be the version that was saved. A new version of saveDocument() with ConcurrencyControl argument has been added. You can learn more about it’s usage in the “Automatic Conflict Resolution” section in this blog

• As a result of changes to the saveDocument(), we have removed the custom conflictResolver property from DatabaseConfiguration

• Since encryption is moved out of 2.0, we have removed the encryptionKey from DatabaseConfiguration

• The isDeleted() method is removed. If a document does not exist, you will get a null.

Thank you much, @priya.rajagopal.
The new ConcurrencyControl works better for me than the older ConflictResolver in that I can use either CControl option per Save as opposed to the resolver that was set on the db as a whole. So, if you recall my old problem of duplicate id’s, it is now simple. When I save a (what should be) new document, if that id already exists (using CControl.FAIL), it will fail. And this behavior can be toggled per save. Nice.

And now to catch up on that blog…
Thanks
-nat

Indeed. I added a special section in the blog just to cover that :slight_smile: