I’m a mobile developer that was assigned to integrate Couchbase for real time syncing functionality.
When I was building our app in our development/staging environment, everything was great. Once it was put in production and it started getting really utilized, we started to run into problems that haven’t ever happened in our staging environments:
- We get “Write Commit Failure” messages most mornings between 6:05AM - 6:45AM.
- Possibly connected to the issue above, the [bucket_name]/_design/sync_gateway view index build process gets stuck. It appears that this causes our mobile users to not be able to log into the app because behind the scenes, it returns an error saying something like: a process is in progress and needs to finish first.
I’m not a database expert, and although I’ve went through the documentation, I’m still at a loss troubleshooting this issue. Is anyone out there interested in a paid opportunity to solve this issue? Here’s some info about our setup:
- 1 data bucket.
- 3x Couchbase Server 4.5.1 Community Edition instances running in a cluster.
- 1 replica.
- 2x Sync Gateway 1.5.1 Community Edition instances.
- The data we store is all short-lived. Documents should be deleted after being processed (which should be done within seconds after being stored), or after 12 hours.
If you’re interested, please let me know by replying here. This is a paid opportunity.