[Mac OSX] Rebalancing Error: Service 'memcached' exited with status 1

I’ve two systems with Couchbase 4.5 Enterprise. The first runs over Ubuntu 14.04 and the other on Mac OSX 10.11.5. I’ve added in my Mac to the cluster and now shares three data buckets. Both work individually with no problems via the administration console and through the PHP SDK. The data buckets are sync’d over properly and all the documents are present/accessible by both machines via the administration console (and the PHP SDK functions) and each machine can use the other to access the data without issue.

Along with a “Pend” beside my server nodeupt, I’m greeting on the web console with a red error:

Fail Over Warning: Rebalance required, some data is not currently replicated!

Hard to reconcile that error with how everything still seems to work just fine but it’s still an error that cannot be ignored.

When I try to do a rebalance or by just looking at the log, this error keeps getting added:

Service ‘memcached’ exited with status 1. Restarting. Messages: Failed to open library “/Users/ >>snip << /lib/memcached/stdin_term_handler.so”: dlopen(/Users/ >> snip << /lib/memcached/stdin_term_handler.dylib, 6): image not found
Unable to load extension /Users/ >> snip << /lib/memcached/stdin_term_handler.so using the config

The dylib is present inside the package. There are no .so files in the package.

Anyone have any suggestions on anything to address this?

1 Like

@patrickwalker you can’t have OSX and Ubuntu in the same cluster, this is not supported because they have different setups. This is probably why its crashing in the first place.