We are Planning to upgrade the current couchbase server. It is currently running version 1.8.1-937-rel. The plan is to upgrade to 5.1 version (Community Edition).
Details of the current server:
- Server version - 1.8.1-937-rel
- Bucket Type - Memcached
- Couchbase Java client version - 1.1.7
We are good with offline upgrade
Need help in these queries:
- I would like to know if there are any challenges in terms of code changes, performance, system requirements, etc.,
- Are we good with Memcached buckets or does it require upgrade to couchbase bucket?
- Will the java client needs upgrade too? i.e. to version 2.5.9?
- While upgrading the java client, will it require any API/code changes?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!