N1QL - Sync Gateway compatibility

Hi, I noticed that N1QL will be officially released with the first official bundle of Couchbase Server 4.0
my question is, how can I filter the output of my N1QL queries or authorize N1QL statements using the role based access control used in sync gateway to filter data and manage authorization?

1 Like

Hi @donadev, our mobile team will reply to your question here with their future plans.

Thanks,
Gerald

Thank you so much! I’m looking forward to read your answers!

@donadev: We don’t have N1QL support officially on the Couchbase Mobile roadmap. We do have a number of internal discussions on how exposing N1QL via REST could best be accomplished. Can you provide me some details about your specific use case?

Hi, I think that my use case is pretty common.
I have a big enterprise application, with a lot of data associated. I’m developing this for mobile and web clients. At the moment the application is web-only and has a Sails.js layer that connects directly to a CouchBase Server bucket. To create/update/delete data I use native couchbase SDK for Node.js, and for queries and more complex updates I use N1QL. I have also a layer of security and user management that runs on top of these services.
How can migrate this environment to make it suitable for mobile purposes?
I noticed that CouchbaseLite and SyncGateway are very useful in this case, but I want to mantain the schema of the data in my application, but I also want pull/push replications.
The problems with this implementation are the following:

1. I want to provide the same security layer for mobile, web and N1QL also.
  2. I want also perform some extra logic on server side when I create/update/delete an object. I can’t do this in SGW sync function because I want to alter properties of other objects once one is created/updated/deleted
  3. I want to make the architecture the simplest and the more scalable possible.
  4. As I said, I want to make the data schema fixed. At the moment for this purpose I use the data validation layer provided by Sails.js
1 Like

I have the same requirements, and for 2, I also need the transaction mechanism for SGW.

Can you describe what you’re hoping to get with transactions @atom_yang ? Changing multiple docs atomically? Prevention of phantom reads? It can mean a number of things and it’d be useful to know specifically what you’re looking for.

what i means is that I create 2 docs,such as doc1 and doc2, they should both success,or If one doc create failed, the other doc should not be saved. they are in the one transaction.