.NET SDK, GetView() returns collection of Nothing's

Created a simple view to just get a list of all keys. It’s in production and works fine from the server console:

function (doc, meta) {
emit(meta.id, null);
}

Then I wrote this code (VB.NET):

Dim allKeys As New List(Of String) Dim view = Client.GetView("utils", "allKeys") For Each row In view allKeys.Add(row.ItemId) Next

While TotalRows = 7, each “row” variable in the iteration is set to Nothing, so I can’t get the ItemId.

David

Hi dprothero -

It’s a bug that’s already been reported and has a pull request already: http://www.couchbase.com/issues/browse/NCBC-416

Normally this would be part of the release next Tuesday, but we are skipping this date and releasing May 6th. That being said, I’ll put the PR through code review and testing and have the patch available on Github next week. It’s also, possible that I can do a un-tested (officially) hot patch and make it available.

-Jeff

Jeff–

Thanks for the update. I think I can live without this until there’s an official release that will come down through Nuget. Thanks.

David

Hi, I have the same problem,
Any news about the fix?
Thanks!

Hi -

The patch will be released the first week of March May. There is also a work-around - use the overload that takes a boolean indicating you want to Url encode the keys:

Dim allKeys As New List(Of String) Dim view = Client.GetView("utils", "allKeys", true) For Each row In view allKeys.Add(row.ItemId) Next

In most cases, you want to Url encode the params, so just pass true.

Thanks

-Jeff