Newbie :: Migrating APP :: Functionality question

Hello,

I have a live app for years in the stores which is developed in native IOS and Android running on a REST API layer which queries a MySQL database. For the purpose of sync offline data i am looking at Couchbase / Lite & Sync. with a combination of NODE.js to design the frontend.

The way the current API works is that it pulls data out by a MySQL & PHP query and then prints it to a JSON which is picked up by the apps. Now my knowledge of PHP & MySQL is alright but i am a noob in javascript & noSQL.

I am reading info NoSQL documentation about Documents & Views. But i have a functional question arising after which it is easy for me to decide if it’s worth going on.

My APP consists of (for the example) of 2 main categories boys & girls and they all have their specs:

type:
boys
girls

haircolor:
blond
dark
brown

eyecolor:
green
blue
brown

clothing:
skirt
shirt
trouser
shorts
sweater

Now what i want to archieve:

1. In the current view of a searchform within the category “boys” is that i have a dropdown field which is auto populated by the possible “clothing” options available in the database for the boys. So most likely ‘skirt’ will not be part of the contents of the dropdown field. So the dropdown field actually queries the database before showing the available options. This to make sure i do not get empty results. Is such a thing also possible with javascript in a view for this NoSQL database?

2. Now, to make it more complicated i also have auto populated related fields during input. Example in my database is no entry of a ‘boys’ with ‘dark’ wearing ‘sweaters’. So during the input of the searcfield some options need to drop out of the dropdown field as well as there is no match possible. Is such a thing also possible with javascript in a view for this NoSQL database?

Your yes/no would be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Jasper