Node.js based client library for Couchbase Server

Thanks for the swift response mnunberg. The difficulty I’m referring to is mainly the difficulty to install on my dev machine (Windows :frowning: ). Obviously, if I can’t do that it would be hard to evaluate how user-friendly the rest of the process will be…

I’ve seen Node modules which rely on waf before. Without an exception, I passed on all of those, since getting any of them to work on Windows would probably be very tricky. Have a look at this discussion from February: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/nodejs/tUNGgXMQDHo

It looks like the general consensus is that building (and statically linking) native code should be the package developer’s responsibility, so that package consumer may simply npm install. There are also some approaches suggested that may help you do that, and I would specifically look at the node-bindings tool mentioned and linked there.

Otherwise, I would also update the readme file. A relatively small effort there can make the lib much more usable. Hope this helps.

I’m on a rather tight schedule with my own work at the moment, so I’m going to move ahead with 3rd-eden’s memcached client for now. I hope I’ll be able to take another stab at using the new client in a few weeks, and then I’ll hop on your mailing list to contribute my feedback.

Many thanks!
Near