Node.JS SDK access to Cluster from Amazon EC2

I am hoping that someone can assist with a connectivity issue I am having from an Amazon EC2 Ubuntu box with NodeJS SDK installed and trying to communicate with a Couchbase Cluster.

The facts are:-

Cluster - A 3 node cluster (version 2.2.0 enterprise edition (build-821) on an internal office network.
Firewall - all these ports are pointing at the internal IP 192.168.0.36:-

21100 to 21199 (inclusive)

Couchbase SDK - NodeJS
Internal Test - Using the below code to test connectivity and correct result returned within the { } (it works!)

var couchbase = require(‘couchbase’);
var db = new couchbase.Connection({host: ‘192.168.0.36:8091’, bucket: ‘default’});
db.get(‘new_holland_brewing_company-sundog’, function(err, result) {
console.log(result);
});

Amazon - I have an Amazon Ubuntu box (Ubuntu Server 12.04.3 LTS)
Security Group (Firewall) - accepting all inbound/outbound to ensure no restrictions (0.0.0.0/0)
Couchbase SDK - identical to above (NodeJS)
External Test - Using above code but modified to access the incoming gateway IP, replaced the actual IP with x :-

var couchbase = require(‘couchbase’);
var db = new couchbase.Connection({host: ‘xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8091’, bucket: ‘default’});
db.get(‘new_holland_brewing_company-sundog’, function(err, result) {
console.log(result);
});

The retuned result is blank… On the console all that is displayed is {} (there is no data between the {} )

On the same Amazon box where nodejs sdk is installed I can Telnet in without any issues.

Thank you in advance for any logical assistance.

Hello,

I do not think that is related to Node.js SDK. Since when everything is deployed on the same box it is working, I would continue to look at the network configuration.

When you are in office can you:

• access the web console 8091?
  • connect to Couchbase cluster using the memcached port 11210 ?

Be sure that you have opened all the ports, in you Ubuntu box, on your EC2 security constraints and finally in your local network.

Regards
Tug
@tgrall

Any news on this?