Node.JS SDK Failure

Operating system – Windows 7 Enterprise 64BIT
Installed Software - Microsoft Visual Studio Profession 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013
Node.js SDK 2.0/2.1
Couchbase 4.1.0-5005

I am working through the SDK Tutorial Quick Start section. In the command prompt, I navigate to directory for the beersample-node, I execute:
node beer.js --setup
After installing and uninstalling Python, I finally installed version 2.7.3. I updated the environment variables with a variable called
PYTHON=C:\Python
Additionally, I uninstalled and reinstalled
node.js
git
I finally was able to get past my initial issue, could not find PYTHON executable. I now have another issue. I receive the following messages:

gyp ERR! build error
gyp ERR! stack Error: C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\12.0\bin\msbuild.exe failed with exit code: 1
gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess.onExit (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\lib\build.js:270:23)
gyp ERR! stack at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:172:7)
gyp ERR! stack at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:200:12)
gyp ERR! System Windows_NT 6.1.7601
gyp ERR! command “C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe” “C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\bin\node-gyp.js” "rebuild"
gyp ERR! cwd c:\AJS\Couchbase\Node.js\beersample-node-master\beersample-node-master\node_modules\couchbase
gyp ERR! node -v v4.3.1
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v3.0.3
gyp ERR! not ok

After researching, all other thread say to load, Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 C++ Express. I do not want to install the express version, as it will overlay my profession version. Additionally, I installed the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 C++ Redistribute.

I do not understand why I cannot get past this error. I believe I have all the proper version of the required software. I believe all my options are correct. I even performed multiple reboots of computer to ensure environment variables registration occurs within the command prompt.

I will appreciate any insight provided.
AJS

Hey @anthony.savino,

You should check out the node-gyp guide available here: https://github.com/nodejs/node-gyp#installation. I believe that the issue you are running into is likely related to your Windows SDK installation. You may want to run npm install with --debug and inspect the error log again for further details for the underlying reason that msbuild failed.

Cheers, Brett