Order string field with number and string

n1ql
query

Hello,
i’m trying to order a string field that can be a number or a string.
For example the values could be:

"1"
"foo"
"11"
"bar"
"1foo"
"3"
"1 foo"
"2 bar"

and it should be:

"1"
"3"
"11"
"1foo"
"bar"
"foo"
"1 foo"
"2 bar"

therefore the order should be number-string-space.
How can i do that?

Thanks in advance

N1QL follows Collation defined here
In your case all are strings. With in strings ASCII character set space , numbers, letters. There is no easy way to get expected results.

Ok, i understand.
And there is at least a way to get “2” before “11”? Having for example this behavior https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11808573/sql-order-string-as-number.

INSERT INTO default VALUES (UUID(),{"f1":"1"}), (UUID(),{"f1":"foo"}), (UUID(),{"f1":"11"}), (UUID(),{"f1":"bar"}), (UUID(),{"f1":"1foo"}), (UUID(),{"f1":"3"}), (UUID(),{"f1":"1 foo"}), (UUID(),{"f1":"2 bar"});

SELECT RAW f1
FROM default
WHERE f1 IS NOT NULL
ORDER BY IFMISSINGORNULL(TO_NUMBER(f1),"") ASC, CONTAINS(f1," ") ASC, f1 ASC;

"results": [
    "1",
    "3",
    "11",
    "1foo",
    "bar",
    "foo",
    "1 foo",
    "2 bar"
]

if i have:

[
   "foo1",
   "foo2",
   "foo11"
]

it seems not working, because the result is:

[
   "foo1",
   "foo11",
   "foo2"
]

Do you know how to fix it?

The output is right. In array you have all strings. “foo11” is before “foo2”

yes, there is everything, but the natural and normal order would be “foo2” and then “foo11” because “11” is after “2”.
I don’t know if it’s possible, though.
Like this discussion https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2802341/javascript-natural-sort-of-alphanumerical-strings

Natural order of string will be “foo11”, “foo2” in string comparison you compare character by character .
What you are looking is separate string into 2 parts string part, numeric part(convert to number ) and sort on that. Unless you have clear separator it is not possible in N1QL. You can do in application.