Peer-to-Peer Replication

We are looking at leveraging the Peer-to-Peer Replication functionality of CBL2.1 on Android. Unfortunately, the Android devices our customers use don’t have Google Play Services on them so we can’t use the Android Communications Framework API (eg https://docs.couchbase.com/couchbase-lite/2.1/java.html#peer-to-peer-sync). Does anyone have any samples of the Peer-to-Peer Replication when all of the active peers know the IP address of the passive peer? (EG similar to Peer-to-Peer in CLB1.4.X)

Best Regards,
John

Hi John,

I’m not aware of any project doing this. It shouldn’t be too difficult to use regular old tcp sockets. Is there specific guidance you’re looking for?

We would really like to see an example of precisely how Couchbase intended this feature set to be used/implemented. The basic logic from the aforementioned makes sense and we are working on a test implementation using WebSockets. It doesn’t even need to be applicable to our case; a sample project with the Android Communications Framework API would be incredibly useful.

I believe @priya.rajagopal has a blog post showing how to do something like that, but I wasn’t able to find it…