PHP Warning: Failed to establish libcouchbase connection to server: Connection failure

I am trying to connect to a remote server installation of Couchbase 2.0.1 (verified through web console access) from my local workstation (Windows XP SP3) using the php sdk and I keep getting: "Warning: Failed to establish libcouchbase connection to server: Connection failure in …"
I am using wampserver and I’ve downloaded the sdk from http://www.couchbase.com/develop/php/current for version 5.4 TS (the NTS version gave the wamp error “php_couchbase extension could not be loaded”).
The code I used is the one from the php sdk page example, except I put the server address in the Couchbase constructor.
Is there any way I can find out more on why the connection failed? (I tried catching exceptions but none are thrown)
Tried a bunch of solutions found on these forums and other pages, including:
setting only the server’s ip address, with or without the port number
setting the last optional parameter to true
passing the server address as a string or as an array of a string with the beforehand mentioned variations
using xampp instead of wampserver but the error was the same
Also tried digging a bit through the git repositories for php-ext-couchbase and found the “Failed to establish libcouchbase connection to server” message in a google cached version of create.c. Also the “Connection failure” message was found in libcouchbase’s strerror.c file, returned in case of LCB_CONNECT_ERROR. Unfortunately my C skills are very basic and I couldn’t determine exactly where the error I was getting could have originated from.
Has anyone else had this error?
Thank you for your time.

Hello,
Maybe this blog post from Trond (PHP SDK main contributor) can help you:

Also you have to check that you are using the same “package”, the PHP SDK are 32 bits, so you need a 32 bits PHP engine/WAMP/XAMP.
You may have some interesting information in the Apache/Error log files.
Regards