Prerelease NuGet Package for V 2.0 - Couchbase.Lite.Support.Android?

Hi,

will there be a NuGet Package for Couchbase.Lite.Support.Android on http://mobile.nuget.couchbase.com/nuget/Developer/ any time soon?
So far there seem to be the following packages in your developer channel (but no Android support):

• Couchbase.Lite
  • Couchbase.Lite.Support.NetDesktop
  • Couchbase.Lite.Support.UWP
    I tried building the support dll for Android myself, using the github feature/api-v2 branch but failed miserably with the native components :unamused:
    The support dll for UWP works fine and now I would be really interested in playing around with the cross platform possibilities that Couchbase Mobile 2.0 offers.
    Thanks a lot!

claudia

There will indeed be an Android package eventually. In fact it is working fine now from what I can see, but as part of our commitment to QE there needs to be an environment set up for it to be tested in an automated fashion. This is proving quite tricky to do and until it is in place we cannot release.

The native components should build fine with Android NDK r13b or above. There is a build script you can try running (I don’t know if you have yet?) in the vendor/couchbase-lite-core/build_cmake/scripts folder. Just make sure that you define ANDROID_NDK_ROOT for it as the root directory of your NDK installation.

Ok after a fairly big struggle I got the environment working and the tests pass so DB 11 is the first developer build to contain support for Xamarin iOS and Android!

3 Likes

Wonderful! :slight_smile:
I just tried it out and it works fine. So we’ll start using it from on now on and of course we’ll let you know how it works out!
Thanks a lot for your help and the great work. I can perfectly imagine how big a struggle this must have been.