Problem Installing SDK 4

Is there anything specific that is required on a NodeJS SDK 4 install ? I tried to upgrade from a NodeJs 10.x to v17.8.0 and are running into issues galore. I got a bunch of errors so i uninstalled couchbase SDK 3.2.x and then tried to reinstall. Then i got errors that there was no precompiled version and after some time complained there was no cmake-js. After i installed it and run install again it now hangs on

C:\nodeRoot\CRM-NodeJS>npm i couchbase -save
[##################] \ reify:semver: timing metavuln:calculate:security-advisory:node-gyp:+K0hFm6AX7cc5a/alAQ+C/K9phs02nxJdHN6rMb

So i installed a clean Windows 2019 server and installed NodeJS again and updated npm. I made sure cmake-js was installed before i run the npm install for couchbase and now this one is stuck to at

C:\nodeRoot\CRM-NodeJS>npm i couchbase
[##################] - reify:semver: timing reifyNode:node_modules/bl/node_modules/readable-stream Completed in 6197ms

So i am wondering what i am missing here or will the SDK not run on 17.x

Hi @aponnath,

The NodeJS SDK is only supported on LTS versions of NodeJS, the latest being v16. If you downgrade you should be able to install the SDK.

Thanks,
Jake

Thanks that did not work as well and failed even on a clean install of a 16.x LTS. I was able to install @3.2.2 just fine but the @4 always fails or gets stuck. FYI this was on a windows 2019 Server