Problems with reinstalling of Version couchbase-server_4.1.0-dp-windows_amd64.exe

Hi there,

i ran into trouble playing with the following configuration:

• Windows 10
  • Laptop with 8 GB RAM and four cores in its intel Core i5

First Installation went fine. But unfortunately I forgot the UserID and password, yes also
DBAs with 15 years of job experience sometimes mess things up.

I told the system to put its data into

C:\Experimente\Couchbase\data
C:\Experimente\Couchbase\index

and install the program files into C:\Program Files\Couchbase\Server

I could play around a bit with the nice web gui at http://localhost:8091 and everything was finde.

Trouble started after the next rebooot as the web gui didn’t show up in Firefox and Edge asked for a
user and password. Both were forgotten as mentioned before.

As the setup had went so smoothly I thought let´s just do a new installation.

The parameters where to save the data and index were not asked again which made me a bit
nervous.

I received the following error message:

“Looks like Couchbase Server doesn’t respond in time.
Please manually refresh browser and wait for the Admin Console to
fully start”

After a reboot I tried to remove some registry information which probably broke the
installation totally.

New Error Message:

“Couchbase Server - InstallShield Wizard”
“Installer needs to update registry value in order to upgrade from the previous version.
Please run installer again to continue.”

Which registry hive is the installer seraching for? How can a clear field be created for a freshl#and new setup?

What can I do?

Thanks for your help

Take care

Andreas

still caught there, any ideas? I’d really love to use your database…

if someone could perhaps give me a hint where the installation program is implemented then I might also try to check the code.

Hi So I assume you have tried uninstall. is that not working?
Could you try to install the released version of 4.1 on top of your installation and send me the error you get from the installer of 4.1
thanks
-cihan

Hi there,

the error message arising is

“Couchbase Server - InstallShield Wizard”
“Installer needs to update registry value in order to upgrade from the previous version.
Please run installer again to continue.”

Hope that helps and looking forward to your reply

Andreas

I don’t recommend this to anyone out there but given you are stuck, I can give you the nuclear option. This isn’t recommended for any production or test machine. This is really a last resort option to get around an uninstall that is stuck.
Run regedit and search for “couchbase” and remove all references.
thanks
-cihan