Hi Guys - We're really starting to use N1QL. We're working under the assumption that production support will come soon - is that the case, and if so when will it be?
As you can imagine, we don't want to make product announcements in this forum. Here's a general outline: we have separate goals and benchmarks for the Developer Previews and the Beta / Production Releases.
If the developer preview meets your production needs for functionality and performance, you are welcome to deploy it, with a few considerations:
- it is not formally supported
- the syntax and behavior may evolve
- we will fix significant bugs in the developer preview
- the production release may initially provide a subset / superset / intersection of preview functionality, based on production considerations (design, performance, rollout schedule, etc.)
- we have not yet offered a specific timeline for production release
Please let us know if you need more info or fixes as you proceed. Thanks.
We are excited to hear about your interest and would love to hear more about your use-cases. Feel free to contact us with any other questions as well.
Along with query, we are also investigating the appropriate back-end support in terms of indexing so we have robust support for production environment when we do that. We will keep you posted.
We will be starting to go live in Jan/Feb and right now N1QL is the thing that will cement our commercial use of Couchbase. Please don't remove too much!
You can count(*) on us. Adding value for (you) our customers and serving your success is the only factor in our decisions on N1QL, even when other considerations nag. We look forward to serving up your deployment