Running couchbase on docker redhat

I understand that the official support docker image is running in Ubuntu. However due to corporate policy, I have to run couchbase in RHEL 7++ on docker installed in RHEL 7++.

I managed to get to a point where I can install couchbase using yum install from local yum repository in artifactory. However I am not able to run couchbase in bash. Most of the documents talks about running through systemctl. I wonder if anyone can help with the bash.

I have tried referencing the dockerfile in docker hub, but it is using runsvdir-start which is a ubuntu feature.

I managed to get the docker ‘running’. However it failed with the following error message.
{error_logger,{{2016,8,26},{6,41,42}},“global_trace:~n~p”,[{loop_the_locker,{multi,[],[],[],‘nonode@nohost’,false,false}}]}
Eshell V5.10.4.0.0.1 (abort with ^G)
(babysitter_of_ns_1@127.0.0.1)1> *** Terminating erlang (‘babysitter_of_ns_1@127.0.0.1’)

Here is the dockerfile
FROM rhel:7.2
MAINTAINER Andrew Mak

ADD docker.repo /etc/yum.repos.d/
ADD not-certified.repo /etc/yum.repos.d/
ADD zeus.repo /etc/yum.repos.d/
RUN yum -y install couchbase-server
EXPOSE 8091 8092 8093 8094 11207 11210 11211 18091 18092 18093
VOLUME /opt/couchbase/var
CMD ["/opt/couchbase/bin/couchbase-server"]

anyone?

@arungupta I did create a post, probably even before I hijack any. However I didn’t receive any reply here

@anil can you share the coordinates for the RHEL-based image with @wai.kwang.mak?

1 Like

Hi, Apologies for delayed response. @wai.kwang.mak you can find RHEL-based image at https://github.com/sandipnd/docker/blob/master/openshift/4.5.0/Dockerfile location.

Thanks!

Anil Kumar

1 Like