Running Different Sync Gateway Versions in Parallel

Has anyone had any interactions with running different versions of sync gateway in parallel to the same Couchbase server? I am looking at planning upgrade paths and attempting to eliminate downtime, currently playing with the idea of adding new sync gateway servers to our load balancer then removing the old ones, but I am unsure if having mixed versions in the pool, albeit momentarily, would have negative impacts on our database.

same here, any idea?

We have same issue, we are planning upgrading for 1.3 to 1.4 or 1.5.

There can be differences between M/R view definitions between SG versions so make sure to run all of the same version of a sync gateway on a particular bucket.

The diagram and the CB documentation of rolling upgrade do not match, so can SGW support rolling upgrade?

What about from 1.3 to 1.4? I happened upon the documentation where it states a rolling restart is supported, should that still not be the case for 1.3 to 1.4?

“A rolling upgrade is supported: modify your load balancer’s config to stop any HTTP traffic going to the node that will be upgraded, perform the upgrade on the given node and re-balance the traffic across all nodes. Repeat this operation for each node that needs to be upgraded.” https://developer.couchbase.com/documentation/mobile/current/guides/sync-gateway/upgrade/index.html