Setting query params on ViewQuery

Hi

I’m trying to set parameters on a viewQuery like

ViewQuery query = ViewQuery.from("program", "by_starttime_and_channel");
		ComplexKey startKey = ComplexKey.of(Arrays.asList(date.getYear(), date.getMonth(), date.getDayOfMonth(), 0, 0, 0), channel);
		ComplexKey endKey = ComplexKey.of(Arrays.asList(date.getYear(), date.getMonth(), date.getDayOfMonth(), 23, 59, 59), channel);
		query.startKey(JsonArray.from(startKey));
		query.endKey(JsonArray.from(endKey));
		ViewResult result = bucket.query(query);

The view is defined as

function (doc, meta) {
      if(doc.program.pro_publish.ppu_start_timestamp_presentation) {
        emit([dateToArray(doc.program.pro_publish.ppu_start_timestamp_presentation), doc.program.pro_publish.ppu_channel], null); 
      }
     }

When the app is running I get an exception

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported type for JsonArray: class com.couchbase.client.protocol.views.ComplexKey
	at com.couchbase.client.java.document.json.JsonArray.from(JsonArray.java:91)

I have not been able to dig up any documentation on how to set start- and endKeys on viewQueries ???

I’m using v. 2.1.0 java client sdk

hi @Preben,
Where are you getting the ComplexKey from? Looks like you’ve kept a dependency to the old generation (1.4?) of the SDK…

Directly constructing a JsonArray instead of a ComplexKey should do it:

JsonArray startKey = JsonArray.from(
    JsonArray.from(
        date.getYear(), 
        date.getMonth(),
        date.getDayOfMonth(),
        0),
    channel);

query.startKey(startKey);

Thanks and yeah there was an old 1.4 version lurking around :smile: .
I guess the best examples I found used ComplexKey. Some new examples on the 2.x.x versions would be useful.

@Preben in this terms it’s very similar. You get the same options on the previous Query object, but ComplexKey was just a workaround for the lack of proper JSON types. Now we have JsonObject and JsonArray directly so you can express all JSON supported types without wrappers like ComplexKey.

Yeah, it’s true view documentation for 2.1 SDK doesn’t have a snippet for startKey/endKey…
For reference, here is the latest doc on view querying : http://docs.couchbase.com/developer/java-2.1/querying-views.html

Note that we are currently considering how best to favor newest documentations in search engines results :sunny: