Simple Example with JAVA, Couchbase and EC2 (AWS)

Hello!! I’m trying to connect a java application to couchbase.
With the following code, I could get the bucket name without problem

CouchbaseCluster cluster=CouchbaseCluster.create("qa.....com");
ClusterManager cManager = cluster.clusterManager("Administrator", "...");
BucketSettings b = cManager.getBucket("vdb");
System.out.println(b.name());

However, when I executed the following code to create a bucket I had a timeout problem:

Bucket b = cluster.openBucket("vdb");

The error is:

Jan 20, 2015 6:07:14 PM com.couchbase.client.core.CouchbaseCore <init>
INFO: CoreEnvironment: {sslEnabled=false, sslKeystoreFile='null', sslKeystorePassword='null', queryEnabled=false, queryPort=8093, bootstrapHttpEnabled=true, bootstrapCarrierEnabled=true, bootstrapHttpDirectPort=8091, bootstrapHttpSslPort=18091, bootstrapCarrierDirectPort=11210, bootstrapCarrierSslPort=11207, ioPoolSize=2, computationPoolSize=2, responseBufferSize=16384, requestBufferSize=16384, kvServiceEndpoints=1, viewServiceEndpoints=1, queryServiceEndpoints=1, ioPool=NioEventLoopGroup, coreScheduler=CoreScheduler, packageNameAndVersion=couchbase-java-client/2.0.3 (git: 2.0.3)}
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
	at com.couchbase.client.java.util.Blocking.blockForSingle(Blocking.java:93)
	at com.couchbase.client.java.CouchbaseCluster.openBucket(CouchbaseCluster.java:108)
	at com.couchbase.client.java.CouchbaseCluster.openBucket(CouchbaseCluster.java:99)
	at com.couchbase.client.java.CouchbaseCluster.openBucket(CouchbaseCluster.java:89)
	at com.couchbase.client.java.CouchbaseCluster.openBucket(CouchbaseCluster.java:79)
	at Main.main(Main.java:14)
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
	... 6 more

What should I do??
Thanks!

I never used ClusterManager to open bucket, but have been only using CouchbaseCluster to open bucket, and haven’t had timeout issue so far. Maybe you can change to CouchbaseCluster?

Hi, thanks for your awswer.

I used CouchbaseCluster to open the bucket, but was not work.

CouchbaseCluster cluster=CouchbaseCluster.create("ip");
Bucket b = cluster.openBucket("vdb");

How can i define the password to access to the bucket?

Could you give me an example of your code?

Thanks,
Carlos

There’s a version of CouchbaseCluster.openBucket() that takes in name and password. But I haven’t used it so far, and I’m new to Couchbase also.

http://docs.couchbase.com/sdk-api/couchbase-java-client-2.0.3/

@cfontana0 But after I stopped on your code longer, I realized that I have never had issue to open bucket even I do have name and password set for my nodes :laughing:

There’s an example in the documentation @cfontana0.

Hi @ingenthr, thanks for your reply.

I used the example that you indicated me… but I have the same problem.

If I run the following code:

BucketSettings b = cManager.getBucket("vdb");

I have the following results:

INFO: CoreEnvironment: {sslEnabled=false, sslKeystoreFile=‘null’, sslKeystorePassword=‘null’, queryEnabled=false, queryPort=8093, bootstrapHttpEnabled=true, bootstrapCarrierEnabled=true, bootstrapHttpDirectPort=8091, bootstrapHttpSslPort=18091, bootstrapCarrierDirectPort=11210, bootstrapCarrierSslPort=11207, ioPoolSize=2, computationPoolSize=2, responseBufferSize=16384, requestBufferSize=16384, kvServiceEndpoints=1, viewServiceEndpoints=1, queryServiceEndpoints=1, ioPool=NioEventLoopGroup, coreScheduler=CoreScheduler, packageNameAndVersion=couchbase-java-client/2.0.3 (git: 2.0.3)}
Jan 21, 2015 10:55:22 AM com.couchbase.client.core.node.CouchbaseNode$5 call
INFO: Connected to Node qa…com

But if I run the following code:

Cluster cluster = CouchbaseCluster.create(“qa.vmobiletech.com”);
Bucket bucket = cluster.openBucket(“vdb”, “vmobile”);

I have the following results:

INFO: CoreEnvironment: {sslEnabled=false, sslKeystoreFile='null', sslKeystorePassword='null', queryEnabled=false, queryPort=8093, bootstrapHttpEnabled=true, bootstrapCarrierEnabled=true, bootstrapHttpDirectPort=8091, bootstrapHttpSslPort=18091, bootstrapCarrierDirectPort=11210, bootstrapCarrierSslPort=11207, ioPoolSize=2, computationPoolSize=2, responseBufferSize=16384, requestBufferSize=16384, kvServiceEndpoints=1, viewServiceEndpoints=1, queryServiceEndpoints=1, ioPool=NioEventLoopGroup, coreScheduler=CoreScheduler, packageNameAndVersion=couchbase-java-client/2.0.3 (git: 2.0.3)}
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException

I think that the problem is not in the server, because I could connect with the 1st option…

Thanks,
Carlos

Hi! I found the problem.
It was related to the AWS server. The port 11210 was blocked… I modified it and the application works.

Thanks!