Topic includes CBL (Android), SG and Couchbase Server
Android version is 6.0.1
SG version is 1.2
Couchbase Server version is 4.0.0 CE
Cluster setup: 4 nodes; each node has 8GB RAM, 2 cores; RAM is at each node at about 60%; CPU is at each core at about 20%, often lower; maybe 100 ops/second, 90% gets, often lower
App is live for 3 months and this is the first time I have encountered the error detailed below. There were no recent code changes.
Device 1 signs in with account, documents are created and synced. Device 2 signs in with same account, documents are pulled down. Then an error occured in my app. It turned out that a handful of documents were not pulled down and saved locally on Device 2. There were about 20 documents to sync, possibly less than 1MB in total. I also tried to find the missing documents in the Couchbase web interface. I found at least one, but not the others. After debugging for hours and trying the init sync on Device 2 over and over again after a clean install (Android), it suddenly worked. All documents were pulled. Then I made changes to the documents on Device 2 and they were synced to Device 1 and vice versa. Still I could not find some documents in the Couchbase web interface.
I cannot reproduce this error in any way as it seemed very inconsistent.
I assure you that I very carefully tested and double checked document IDs. This observation is very worrisome to me. It is very hard to trust Couchbase. Please let me know if there are known issues which could have resulted in this error.
Both devices continously push and pull changes.