Some inputs on what to use

Hi,

I am currently developing an ionic app for my company. We wrote all our server side APIs using flask and used couchdb as the test database. It worked extremely well because of the python-couchdb and couchdbmanager modules…

However, there has been a change in the requirements and we now require some operational lookup files (which are extremely large) to be stored in the app itself (for instance, there is a file that has 3000 pin codes that takes a lot of time to transfer)…

We are considering using couchbase lite or pouchdb that will sync directly to our couchdb.

There are some tutorials on using pouchdb with ionic. However, I would like your opinions on which is better. From what I read, it is possible to use couchbase lite alongside couchdb… but is it possible to use couchbase lite + flask + couchdb ? So flask would basically act as the sync gateway…

If so, would it be possible for you to point me to some documentation?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Sunil

As you have noted, Couchbase Lite is compatible with CouchDB. This sounds more like a CouchDB question though (i.e implementing access control with CouchDB).

Access control is implemented quite differently between Sync Gateway (at write time through the sync function) and CouchDB (at read time through filter functions). You should ask this question on the CouchDB forum/mailing list as it is CouchDB specific.

Hi,

Is there a method to just sync the couchdb lite db using flask rather than a sync gateway?

We have implemented our access control in flask. So, the sync would happen through a REST API defined in flask…

Sorry, I don’t know what flask is. Couchbase Lite can replicate with CouchDB, because it uses the same replication protocol as Sync Gateway. If flask is something that also implements this protocol, then replication may work, but we can’t promise compatibility with something we haven’t tested with.