Specifying storage location for Couchbase

Hello all, I’m trying to automate the deployment of a small couchbase cluster. I have provisioned an LVM volume on each node that I would like to set as the working directory for couchbase.

The partition is EXT4 and Couchbase is both the user and group owner for the directory. Using CB 5.0.0-beta2.

However, after running the two following commands, Couchbase continues to deploy to /opt/ instead. Am I doing something wrong?

#Initialize the CB Node
/opt/couchbase/bin/couchbase-cli node-init -c localhost:8091 -u redacted -p redacted --node-init-data-path=/cb/ --node-init-index-path=/cb/ --node-init-hostname=cb-eu2-n-1.redacted.io

#Initialize the CB Cluster
/opt/couchbase/bin/couchbase-cli cluster-init --cluster-username=redacted --cluster-password=redacted --cluster-port=8091 --services=data,index,query,fts --cluster-ramsize=5120 --cluster-index-ramsize=5120 --cluster-fts-ramsize=5120 --index-storage-setting=default

@zimmertr,

I think you want to do a non-root install.
https://developer.couchbase.com/documentation/server/4.1/install/rhel-non-root-sudo.html

I suppose that would tighten security but this is a dev environment so I’m not worried. I don’t see how this would be a solution to my problem.

Setting the two storage locations to different directories did not work either. EG: /opt/couchbase/bin/couchbase-cli node-init -c localhost:8091 -u redacted -p redacted --node-init-data-path=/cb/data --node-init-index-path=/cb/index --node-init-hostname=cb-eu2-n-1.redacted.io