I plan to use gevent in my project and as described in the documentation I need to use gcouchbase module.
Per documentation gevent versions 0.13 and 1.0.0 are tested (supported?).
Since gevent 1.0 is from Nov 26, 2013 which is really old, I’ve been testing versions 1.1.2, 1.2.2 and 1.3.5 (latest - 2018). Note that those newer versions also contain many bug-fixes and security updates.
I am using Couchbase community edition version 5.0.1, python-sdk versions 2.3.2 (but also tested with 2.4 which is the latest) with Python 2.7.13 on Ubuntu 16.04.
- gevevnt 1.1.2 using gcouchbase seems to work fine.
- gevevnt 1.2.2 using gcouchbase seems to work fine.
- gevevnt 1.3.5 using gcouchbase fails right at the start when trying to create a connection. The error I’m getting is:
<RC=0x17[Client-Side timeout exceeded for operation. Inspect network conditions or increase the timeout]
So my questions are:
- Are gevent versions 1.1.2 and 1.2.2 officially supported and the documentation is just not updated?
- Is it safe to use gevent versions 1.1.2 or 1.2.2 (i.e. do you know about any major issues)?
- When are you planning to add support for the latest gevent versions (1.3.x)?
- Do I need any special libcouchbase dependency for working with gcouchbase (for example libcouchbase2-libevent must be installed)?
Thanks in advance!