I have a community edition Sync Gateway (2.8) pointing to a community edition Couchbase Server (6.6) on the same local network. Just one node of each on different Ubuntu servers.
Recently 9 million json documents have been added to the database (on top of 7.5million) and we have 20 iOS devices (mostly iPad Pro 2nd gen, iOS 14.3~) with community Obj-C Couchbase Lite 2.7.1.
The issue we appear to be having, is that we have a handful of devices (connecting externally) syncing with the Sync Gateway, and the others seem to be stuck and not gotten any data since the 21st January 2021 (when the 9 million document were loaded), despite having the status of “Syncing” on the device. I have tried restarting sync gateway and reopening the app.
Any data they create on their iPad is pushed up to our server fine, they just don’t seem to be pulling any data.
Attached below is the sync gateway config. You’ll notice I have use_views as true, as I found this to be faster but this was done prior to change https://issues.couchbase.com/browse/CBG-821 so maybe indexes are ok now. (taken the password out obviously)
sync_gateway.json.zip (1.5 KB)
The user is salestool, so therefore connects to the salestool channel
startReplicationFunction.txt.zip (1018 Bytes)
There’s also a process subscribed to changes feed through websocket
Couchbase server has 24GB RAM and 8 CPU cores
Couchbase sync gateway has 16GB RAM (only using 500MB though) and 4 CPU cores. Below is the response from /db
couchbase syncgateway db.json.zip (709 Bytes)
Let me know if you need anything else, I’ll see if I can get any logs off the iPad itself.
Our plan is to use docker to create 3 Couchbase Server nodes and 2 Sync Gateway nodes as recommended, but this will take time to setup and test at the moment.