The access.log at ep_alog_path does not exist

Why access.log is not created at ep_alog_path.

cbstats reveals the access.log path, but when i have checked it is not exist. Is there anything i have to configure to make it appear. Or is this also feature that doesn’t work on Community Edition

Thank you

PS: I’m using Community Edition 6.0.0 build 1693

Hello @rusyasoft,

The access.log is generated once a day by default. How long has the node been up for?

Hi @pvarley, thank you for quick reply

The node was up for more than few month now :slight_smile:

i haven’t touched any configurations, I have just installed the rpm and it was running.
Do I have to do something with cofigurations ?

What is the resident ratio of the buckets? The access.log is only generated if the resident ratio is below 95%.

All the settings and stats related to the access.log can be seen in the stats, would you be able to provide the stats from the cluster in question?

ep_alog_block_size:                                    4096
 ep_alog_max_stored_items:                              1024
 ep_alog_path:                                          /opt/couchbase/var/lib/couchbase/data/beer-sample/access.log
 ep_alog_resident_ratio_threshold:                      95
 ep_alog_sleep_time:                                    1440
 ep_alog_task_time:                                     2

So far resident ratio never fall below 95%

is it possible to change this ratio ?

Now I have even more questions :slight_smile:

• what does actually this access.log records then ?
  • how can I see the actual access logs ? (not http_access.log which shows only Web-console and rest access logs) I would like to see the access logs from actual application servers, is it possible ?

application access log was the main drive for digging so far.
Thank you beforehand

what does actually this access.log records then ?

The access.log records what documents are in memory, so if the node is restart it will load the hot items via the warmup process. Reducing the cache miss ratio after a restart.

• how can I see the actual access logs ? (not http_access.log which shows only Web-console and rest access logs) I would like to see the access logs from actual application servers, is it possible ?

This is done via the auditing feature

Thanks @pvarley

Unfortunately Auditing feature is Enterprise only :frowning: