I would like to transfer my data (bucket) from old cluster (some cloud) to a new cluster on AWS.
And I would like to do this without downtime since my service is running in production.
I can think of a few ways to do so, but I not sure which way is the best.
Could I get some advice?
FYI, I am using Couchbase Server 3.0.1 CE
First one is…
- Make XDCR on the new cluster (AWS).
- After the data is replicated, redirect my application to the new cluster.
- Shutdown the old cluster.
For this one, what would be the best way to shutdwon the old cluster? Removing node? Fail-over?
Second one is…
- Add the same number of AWS nodes to the old cluster.
- Rebalance the cluster.
- Redirect my application to the new cluster (AWS).
- Remove old nodes and rebalance.
Is this even possible?
Also, the hardware specifications on the new cluster nodes will be different (might including OS).
I am worrying about compatibility when one cluster is consist of different hardware nodes.
Third one is…
- User Incremental cbbackup on the old cluster.
- cbrestore on the new cluster
- Redirect my application to AWS.
- Incremental cbbackup and cbrestore on the rest of data.
Is there something like incremental cbtransfer?