Unity3d UnauthorizedAccessException error

Hello, I have integrating Couchbase Lite into my unity3d project and was having no problems until I started testing on an Android device. As soon as the “Manager” class is being created I get this error on LogCat:

D/Unity   (21974): Manager
D/Unity   (21974): :
D/Unity   (21974): Starting Manager version: 1.0.5_unofficial
D/Unity   (21974):
I/Unity   (21974): UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/.local" is
denied.

Like I said before, Everything else works in the unity3d editor. I can create the Manager and add documents and then retrieve them but on the Android build the Manager errors out of creation and then produces null reference errors.

I have already done a little research and was suggested to change my project settings to “write external” and this has not fixed the issue. Any ideas?

Thanks for your time!

In Unity3D you cannot use the Manager SharedInstance without setting it to something else first. You need to create a Manager object that uses the Application.persistentDataPath as in the following line:

new Manager (new DirectoryInfo (Application.persistentDataPath), ManagerOptions.Default);

I will make sure this info gets added to the wiki.

Thanks borrrden I am pretty sure this is exactly what I need.

Can I ask you one other question? When I import the unity plugins folder containing the .dll files I get a compile error:

Unhandled Exception: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Mono.CSharp.RootNamespace.ComputeNamespaces (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly, System.Type extensionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Mono.CSharp.RootNamespace.ComputeNamespace (Mono.CSharp.CompilerContext ctx, System.Type extensionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Mono.CSharp.GlobalRootNamespace.ComputeNamespaces (Mono.CSharp.CompilerContext ctx) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.LoadReferences () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Compile () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I had bypassed this error by changing my unity .net settings to 2.0 instead of the subset and then re-importing my assets. But today the error is not going away.

any ideas?

This is for Android right? Check the editor logs to see which class is having trouble.