Upsert High CPU Usage

Let’s bump this team.

Would love to get to the bottom of this.

Would love to as well :slight_smile: - when you run on your machine and see the high CPU, can you a bit deeper into Task Manager and processes specifically are using the CPU? It might help isolate which process to dig deeper into.

-Jeff

Hi Jeff,

OK - so my app is running at between 35-40% and memcached.exe is running at 22-30%.

Bear in mind here, that once i remove that Upsert Command from my code, my app reduces down to 2-5% CPU usage.

Regards,
Marek

Another thing to keep note here, is that I am getting this across multiple Windows Machines, both W10 x64 and W2k16 x64…so it’s not a “one off” or machine specific. As per screenshot above, my basic pillowfight examples was/were producing similar issue(s).

There is just no way known I could reproduce @pvarley 's 30k ops/second (on his Mac) from the looks.

Ah ok, so the high CPU is caused by both app and server; also, removing the upsert command reduces the CPU to 2-5% on the app side. At that point your simply doing an empty loop, no work is actually being done. It’s a tight loop and lots of serialization/deserilization is happening for sure, no doubt the CPU should go up, but how much?

Let’s check the client logs, can you enable logging and send me a DM with the logs? Very important: once you get logging working, delete the log file and run the app from start up to shutdown - just long enough to get the CPU going.

OK - I already have NLog installed in that application, so just need to bind it to the CB config from the looks and adjust the .config file.

To DM - I assume it’s the “Message” icon on your profile page? (Sorry, first DM for me)

Yes, its just a private message so we don’t share your logs with the Internet.

It would be worth getting the Server side logs (cbcollect_info) from that test run too. Follow the steps here.