User-defined port 8093 and docker

I am curious to know if it is possible to configure Query port in Couchbase Server 4.5? Ports 8091 and 8092 are configurable in /opt/couchbase/etc/couchbase/static_config and /opt/couchbase/etc/couchdb/default.d/capi.ini; whereas I do not see port 8093 configuration there.

As to why this is important -I have multiple separate Couchbase containers in a single Docker 1.12 host with query ports exposed. These ports are used in Java integration tests with the recent SDK.

In /opt/couchbase/etc/couchbase/static_config should be added new line
{query_port, 28093}.
Then the usual steps - removing old binary conf and restart

1 Like

Hello I am struggling with the same issue while trying to bind dynamic values to ports to couchbase for testing purposes, especially with the capi port (8092).
No matter what I try, the new value is not taken into account, can you describe me what you did exactly to override this value (editing /opt/couchbase/etc/couchdb/default.d/capi.ini doesn’t seem to be enough).

Thanks.

I could just show my Dockerfile with all the steps if you’d like?

8092-only shell
echo ‘{capi_port, 38092}.’ >> /opt/couchbase/etc/couchbase/static_config
sed -i ‘s/port = 8092/port = 38092/g’ /opt/couchbase/etc/couchdb/default.d/capi.ini

If you could show me your Dockerfile, that would be great, it would help me to save some time to make things work. Thanks.

Would it be ok if I send Dockerfile for 4.5.0 Enterprise + FTS enabled?

Yes that would be perfect. Thanks.

Archive.zip (2.7 KB)

The attached file option doesn’t seem to work on couchbase forums, I get a 404 :/.

Can you send it again via another way ?

Thanks.

I see. http://wikisend.com/download/286322/Archive.zip

My bad, this was for 4.0.0
4.5.0 lives there: http://wikisend.com/download/550900/Archive.zip

Ok, thanks I will try it and let you know if it solved my problem.

NB! Docker memory - 2 GB at least, for Couchbase FTS consumes a huge amount of it

Hey Alejo -
Any feedback for us on FTS? Besides the fact that it’s in your machine eating up all your RAM?

You might see some small improvements in resource usage and performance in 4.5.1, and a more in 4.6. We’re working to get perf and resource containment nailed down before GA.
Best,
-Will

Awesome!

Regrettably, I cannot provide a feedback because I don’t use Couchbase directly, only offer its integration option. On a personal level, everything seems great. The only thing to improve could be making fts/query ports configurable in SDK 2.3.+. Without this feature, Couchbase ports in Docker cannot be mapped to random ports.

Hi @Alejo - do you mind me to help after adding this query_port parameter how you have removed old binary and restart ? also not sure why we said 28093 rather 8093 . … .I am having hard time getting 8093 exposed in my K8s CB cluster . thanks for your help .