Want to join existing cluster but getting error while doing the same

Hi,

I am not able to configure to join the existing cluster. What exactly I need to provide in the IP Address required for joining to existing cluster?
What shall I provide in the hostname for Configure Server Hostname?
I am getting an error : "Could not listen: eaddrnotavail"

I have provided the IP address of the cluster I want to join to and the username and password of the couchbase console of that cluster.
What should I provide in Configure Server Hostname? Will it be the server’s hostname where we are doing the configuration?
Currently I have provided localhost server in hostname.
I am getting an error “Failed to reach erlang port mapper. Timeout connecting to 10.182.193.42 on port 4369”. Where from is this port coming? Where do we need to specify the port?
I have attached the screenshot of the same.
Please let me know what details I need to provide as I am stuck at the same.

You don’t need to specify a port number, but that port cannot be blocked between the cluster nodes. The documentation has a full list of ports expected to be available. Once you open the ports, the two nodes will be able to cluster.

@ingenthr

Which document are you referring to which contains the full list of ports ?
What we need to provide in Configure Server Hostname?

The necessary ports are in this document https://developer.couchbase.com/documentation/server/current/install/install-ports.html

1 Like

All that is required is the hostname. As long as the ports are open, the software will negotiate the rest.

I tried but couldn’t connect to the existing cluster. So I created a new cluster. Now I want to import my previous cluster’s buckets along with all the documents in my new cluster.

I tried taking export for each of the bucket and importing it. But while importing, I got an error “Bash cbimport command not found”.
Even I tried using cbdocloader but got the same error.

Please suggest what I need to do to replicate the existing cluster’s bucket details into new cluster.

Probably best to post a new topic so those familiar with backup/restore will see the request.