@usk I used to do the Japanese document translation using Github. The steps were something like followings:
- Fork the documentation project
- Copy original dita files to Ja directory
- Keep original English files so that we can merge upstream and know what changed
- Create script files to generate static HTML from dita files
- Commit generated files to [gh-pages] branch, to publish the contents (but it’s better to be published under couchbase.com)
It’d be wonderful if Couchbase can merge translated Japanese contents when meaningful part of 4.x documentation is translated. It happened once with Couchbase 1.8 and 2.0 before.
3.0 Ja preview is not fully done yet, but it’s worth to port it under couchbase.com as most part has been translated.
Hope this helps. @ingenthr please let usk know how Couchbase would like to do it.