What is the difference when we connect to port 8091 and 8093 on query service node?

I have 10 Data nodes, 6 index nodes and 6 query nodes. I would like to know what would be difference if i connect to to port 8091 and 8093 using the CBQ connect from query service node?

Hello @Rajukannur

Cluster administration: Administration traffic via the REST API, command-line, and Web UI.
Unencrypted*: 8091, Encrypted: 18091

Query Service runs on port 8093

For more information please see here https://docs.couchbase.com/server/5.5/install/install-ports.html

To add to Raju’s answer, there is one important difference between connecting cbq to port 8091 versus 8093.

If you connect cbq to port 8093, you are only connected to one query node, and all queries will run only on that node.

If you connect cbq to port 8091, it gets a map of the whole cluster, and will distribute queries round robin across all the query nodes in the cluster.

Thank you both @raju & @eben

hi eben ,
Sorry for pulling up the old thread .
How this works in N1QL query context and not cbq CLI .
Because I am having trouble with running N1QL on 8091 from my client outside CB K8s cluster .
When I see K8s cluster has no 8093 port exposed and I guess this may be the issue .
thanks

Accessing Couchbase Server interfaces is covered in the documentation on the Couchbase Autonomous Operator.

Hi @ingenthr Appreciate the document but I don’t see 8093 port definition neither in helm repo for CB Automonus operator 2.0 and CB cluster .
I am having hard time understand why Query service is still not exposed in CB cluster helm charts and where should I configure it : this is how my kuberctl describe cbc Nodeports looks like … and do you see its missing the definition for Query service .

Node Ports:
tccb-cluster-0000:
Admin Service Port: 31513
Admin Service Port TLS: 31528
Data Service Port: 30641
Data Service Port TLS: 32079
Index Service Port: 32721
Index Service Port TLS: 30188
tccb-cluster-0002:
Admin Service Port: 32740
Admin Service Port TLS: 31438
Data Service Port: 30147
Data Service Port TLS: 32306
Index Service Port: 30396
Index Service Port TLS: 32098

And my values.yaml (default shipped with Couchbase ) has below definition to create query service.
Any pointers where and how should I define 8093 port ? or make query service atleast up and running my pod definition ?

servers:
# Name for the server configuration. It must be unique.
all_services:
# Size of the couchbase cluster.
size: 5
# The services to run on nodes
services:
- data
- index
- query
- search
- eventing
- analytics

Having the same problem, there should be some documentation on this in the operator manual for people to follow. Why 8093 port could not be exposed to use.