I just installed CS 2.1 for evaluation (had been testing using 2.0.1). I created XDCR replication from node1, bucket1 to node2, bucket1. I then added 5 million documents to node1.bucket1. From the console attached to node2 (the receiver in my XDCR configuration), I noticed that the incoming XDCR ‘ops per second’ was fairly constant (some variability, but not much). After some point in time (usually towards the end of the replication, which I determine given that the number of items in the receiver is ‘close’ to 5 million) I notice the XDCR ‘ops per second’ drops dramatically. From the console, I notice the following pattern:
A burst of incoming items (ops per second is at a reasonable number), then it goes to zero for anywhere from 15 to 30 seconds. Then again i see a burst (for a few seconds) of some incoming transfers, then back to zero for 15-30 seconds. This continues until the replication is complete. The last 5-10% takes just as much time as the initial 90-95% of data. I didn’t see this in 2.0.1.