Errorcode 16 into endless connection timeout

Hi everyone,

i was using couchbase npm package 2.0.8 and i had following issue.

It could happen that one of the requests to the couchbase cluster generates following error:

Generic network failure. Enable detailed error codes (via LCB_CNTL_DETAILED_ERRCODES, or via detailed_errcodes in the connection string) and/or enable logging to get more information

afterwards the server couldn’t recover even if network seems to be fine. Most of the requests then cause:
Client-Side timeout exceeded for operation. Inspect network conditions or increase the timeout

So to fix that issue i had to manually restart the server and everything is working again. Is this a known issue with the node-couchbase library?

Greetings
Balgorn

Hey @Balgorn,

I’m wondering if you’re getting problems similar to this ticket:

What operating system are you using to run Couchbase Server?

Best,

Hi @nraboy,

thanks for the fast reply. I have read through that forum post as well, but his error seems to occur if the number of multiple parallel connections exceed a certain threshold. In my use case it seems that the error occurs independent of the amount of connections.

We are currently using Centos 6.6 for Couchbase Server 3.0.1 Community Edition.

The node application lives within a docker container (base image = node:0.12.3) which is basically Linux version 3.13.0-40-generic (buildd@comet) (gcc version 4.8.2 (Ubuntu 4.8.2-19ubuntu1) )

Greetings,
Balgorn

Logs in this case would be helpful. Also actually do use detailed_errcodes=1 inside the connection string, so that we can know what specific error you are getting.

Will do so. Next time i get the error i will post logs.